Strawberry Summit Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations must be made with at least 1 weeks notice. Cancellations after this time, or failure to arrive, will be liable for the full amount of the booking.
- A $25 cancellation fee applies for all cancellations.
- Cancellations must be made by contacting Clevedon Strawberries directly.
- On completion of your online reservation, you are emailed a confirmation notice to the email address you provide, and also provided with a printable confirmation page. At this point, your reservation is confirmed at Strawberry Summit.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guest of 18 years or over.
- Smoking is not permitted inside. If you do smoke, it must be outside and please dispose of your butts responsibly, not outside on the property.
- Standard cleaning is included in the nightly rate, if the cabin is left in a significantly dirtier state than a normal check-out, requiring considerably more cleaning than usual, Clevedon Strawberries may charge an additional cleaning fee.
- Any damage to the cabin or property will be charged, plus a charge for any resultant loss of income if applicable.
Terms And Conditions
These terms and conditions regulate both the Booking you ordered through Our Website and the occupation of your Room or other facility when you come to our House. When you use Our Website or book a Room, you confirm your agreement to these terms. We are Heaven’s Rest B&B and our address is 180 Mill Road, 2675 Bombay, Auckland, New Zealand.
|“Booking”||means the booking of accommodation offered by us on Our Website.|
|“Us”, “Our” or “We”||refers to Heaven’s Rest B&B.|
|“Our Website”||means any website or service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed devices which is owned or operated by us. It includes all the web pages controlled by us.|
|“Room”||means any room (Kakapo Wing, Tui Wing, Kiwi Cabin, Kea Cabin) offered for Booking.|
|“House”||means shared and common space of our bed and breakfast at the address given above.|
|“Services”||means the provision by us of any accommodation and/or supply of food and drink and other services..|
BASIS OF CONTRACT
- In entering into this contract you have not relied on any representation or information from any source except the Booking details, the descriptions of the Rooms and explanation of the Services given on Our Website.
- You acknowledge that you understand exactly what is included in the Services and you are satisfied that the Room and Services are suitable and satisfactory for your requirements.
- The contract between us comes into existence only when we write to you to confirm that the Room you want is available. Your payment does not create a contract. If we decline to Book a Room we shall immediately return your money to your credit card.
- We may change this agreement and / or the way we provide a Room, at any time. If you make any payment for Rooms or Services in the future, you will do so under the terms posted on Our Website at that time.
- One or more notices in a Room you have booked or around the House may contain information or our requirements as to procedures and behaviour. By accepting this agreement, you are deemed to have accepted these notices as being incorporated in this contract.
- If you book a Room in the name of a business or company, you confirm that you have full authority to do so and you accept personal liability for any breach of this contract by any person who comes onto our House.
You may place a Booking either by completing the reservation form powered by our partner Beds24, by phone, email or through our contact form. A valid credit card is needed to secure your booking. You cannot resell your Booking (in whole or in part). If you resell (or attempt to resell) then Heaven’s Rest B&B will terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such Booking. Transfers of a booking can only occur with prior written consent of Heaven’s Rest B&B. If you transfer (or attempt to transfer) without consent then Heaven’s Rest B&B will terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such Booking.
By making a Booking you agree to not use the room or any facilities of our House to conduct any commercial activity or activity that seeks to gain profit without prior written consent from Heaven’s Rest B&B. We reserve the right to terminate your Booking and retain any money paid to us for such Booking if we reasonably believe that you are in full or part breach of this agreement [or condition mentioned in the last-previous sub paragraph].
You may make a Booking on someone else’s behalf. You are responsible for ensuring that any customer in your booking complies with these terms as if that customer had made the Booking. You can only make a Booking if you are 18 years old or over. If you arrive at the House and are under 18 years of age you will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require a passport or valid driver’s licence.You must ensure that the name on a Booking is correct at the time of Booking. Except the conditioned mentioned in these terms, this cannot be changed after making the Booking.
SECURITY OF YOUR CREDIT CARD
We take care to make Our Website safe for you to use. Card payments are not processed on a page controlled by us. All transactions are processed through the secure payment service provider Stripe. Your credit card details are not held by Heaven’s Rest B&B and cannot be accessed.
PAYMENT AND PRICE
- All rates are per room per night. A continental breakfast or breakfast provisions are included in the Room price. Rates do not include other costs you may choose to incur during your stay (unless otherwise stated). Rates quoted are correct only for the specific number of guests, nights and dates shown. Should You change the number of guests, dates or nights, then the rates maybe subject to change.
- Payment is due on arrival, except for online Bookings made outside our FREE cancellation period, which require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept payment by cash, credit/debit card (VISA, MasterCard, JBC, American Express, Union Pay) and PayPal. We do not accept any cheques.
- Bank transfer is available upon request for guests with a New Zealand bank account and has to be arranged prior arrival.
- Heaven’s Rest B&B collects credit card payments via its contracted partner STRIPE.
CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION AND NO-SHOW
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Our Rooms are available from 3.00 PM on the arrival date. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 9.00 PM, so we can arrange a self check in with you. Your Room must be vacated by 10.00 AM on the day of departure. If you do not fully vacate by this time, we may charge you for an additional night.
Early check-ins and late check-outs are subject to availability and only upon request. Please contact us prior your arrival. These conditions may change if the booking is made through a different provider.
GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES ON DEPARTURE
Please leave our Rooms in a clean and tidy state in order to avoid additional cleaning charges. Upon departure ensure the following:
- Dishes clean and put away/ dishwasher turned on
- Linen is to be left on the beds and used towels in the bathroom
- The BBQ is cleaned
- Please dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided
- Make sure all devices, lights heaters and heat pumps are turned off
- Leave keys on the kitchen bench
Rubbish: There rubbish bins in each room as well as in the kitchen in our farmhouse. If you stay in one of our cabins, place your rubbish in the bins outside the cabins:
- Yellow lid bin: Recycling – any bottles, newspapers, hard plastic and cans
- Red lid bin: Any other general rubbish
- You can leave compostable waste (food scraps) in a bowl for our compost
Children of all age are welcome at Heaven’s Rest B&B, but must be under supervision at all times by parents or adult carers with particular emphasis on safety of themselves and others and respect for other guests privacy and belongings. Infants of 1 year and under stay with us free of charge.
We do allow pets for bookings in our Kea and Kiwi Cabin only. For more information please view our Pet Policy.
Guests who fail to comply with the following rules may be warned or asked to leave the spa pool immediately.
Guests using the spa pool must:
- Before going to spa pool, become familiar with the rules of using it.
- Thoroughly wash themselves in the shower before and after visiting the spa pool.
- Wear swimwear.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Keep long hair out of water and away from drains.
- Close the spa pool cover after use (2 people recommended)
- Use the spa pool at their own risk.
The following is prohibited in the spa pool:
- Bringing and using personal cosmetics and hygiene products (e.g., shaving and depilatory tools, masks, scrubs).
- Using infusions, extracts, cosmetics and bath brooms.
- Bringing drinks or food.
- Spitting on the floor or into the water.
- Pouring various liquids into the spa pool or placing dirty objects in the water.
- Bringing glass containers or glasses.
- Jumping into the water from the edge of the spa pool, climbing, making excessive noise.
- Do not sit or lie down on spa pool cover.
- Submerge your head under water.
- For children under 3 years of age, going in the swimming pool without diapers specially designed for use in water.
- Littering, urinating, defecating or otherwise polluting the water.
- Chewing gum.
- Visiting the area while ill with infectious, viral or other contagious diseases, or with open wounds and/or other medical conditions that may endanger the health and/or lives of other visitors.
Guests are expected to be considerate of others by keeping noise to a minimum generally and especially at night. Televisions and music must be at acceptably lower levels after 9pm and before 8am. Guests entering and leaving the property late night and early morning and using the common areas should do so quietly.
The name on the booking is responsible for any guests at the Room and their actions. It is requested that common courtesy is paid to the property, owners, other guests and neighbours. For yourself and every person who comes to Heaven’s Rest B&B, you agree that you will not:
- smoke in any of our Rooms or anywhere inside our house. If you do, we may terminate your stay immediately and you will not be entitled to compensation. Guest that wish to smoke can do so outside only and will be provided with ash trays. Guests must ensure that cigarettes/cigars are extinguished and disposed properly.
- use our Rooms or property for parties or any other events without our permission.
- bring any other people than stated in the Booking to our Rooms or our property. All visitor to Heaven’s Rest B&B must be pre-approved by us.
- use in the Room any electrical appliance without obtaining our specific consent in advance.
- transfer the Room reservation to any other person. If some person who is not obviously a member of your family or group tries to take up your reservation, we shall not allow him to do so.
- cause damage or extensive soiling to any part of the Room, House or property. If you do, you agree to pay us immediately the sum we estimate as the cost of making good that damage or soiling.
- disturb other guests by keeping noise to a minimum generally and especially at night. Televisions and music must be at acceptably lower levels after 9pm and before 8am. Guests entering and leaving the property late night and early morning and using the common areas should do so quietly.
SAFETY, HEALTH AND SECURITY
In regards to the current COVID-19 pandemic guest must acknowledge and follow our COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy at any time.
Guests must follow instructions with regards to safety of selves and others at all times. Guests are expected to make themselves aware of fire evacuation procedures, and not undertake any activity that may cause risk of fire or injury to self others or property. Guests must ensure when leaving the property that they close bedroom windows, ensure that main entrance door is closed properly behind them, take precautions to secure their property and ensure fires escape routes stay unobstructed at all times. Guests must also ensure all lights, heaters, fans, electric blankets, air-conditioning and the bathroom fans are turned off before leaving.
Please note we do not take any responsibility for the security of your vehicle(s) or valuables.
Please also ensure that any keys issued to you stay in your possession until the time of your departure when they must be handed back to us.
AVAILABILITY AND RELOCATION
Other than for death or personal injury caused only by Our negligence or misrepresentation, our total liability to You is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will We be responsible for any indirect or special damages. We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond Our reasonable control.
You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to Us or Our property by Your act, omission, default or neglect and You agree to indemnify Us and to pay Us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss.
You now agree to indemnify us against all loss, including economic loss, caused to Heaven’s Rest B&B, its staff, contractors, clients and guests, arising from:
- your breach of this agreement;
- damage to any Room, our House, fixture, fitting or furniture by you or any person for whom you have made a booking, or who is in your party;
- any adverse affect you may have on any third party customer or client of ours, or any actual or potential booking by any such person.
- Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- Any communication to be served on either party by the other shall be sent by recorded delivery or by e-mail. It shall be deemed to have been delivered: If sent by recorded delivery to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting. If sent by e-mail to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender
- In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- We are not liable for any failure or delay in any circumstance beyond our reasonable control, [including industrial action, postal communication, plant failures, supply of gas, electricity and water or fire alarm evacuation].
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand.
We may update these terms and conditions from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.